Subject: Re: LW/3DS Plugins
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 16:37:30 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Manuel Coats <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >And then you have to factor in the cost of shipping which they charge you.  By
> >the time you're done, you can be looking at over $10,000 just to do a mailing.
>  A
> >lot of plug-in developers just don't have the funds for this.
> 
>         That's what the WWW is for!
> 
> ******************************************************************************
> ** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **

If our Lightspeed subscribers are an indication as to the ratio of LW users that 
have Internet access versus the ones who don't, then it's pretty piss poor (I 
would say 1 out of 5 LS subscribers have access to the WWW).  Newtek needs to put 
together literature kits  with information on 3rd party support products and send 
them out to dealers and distributors to start with, that way they can get the 
products into the stores.  Heck, even a short 15 minute video that showcases 
these products could be included in each Lightwave box.  The cost of the video 
would only be about 60 cents and it could be updated every 6 months or so and put 
into new Lightwave packages.  

It would be nice to be able to have Newtek fax new 3rd party developers a list 
with fax #'s for all the dealers that sell Newtek products, that way when you 
have a new product you can atleast fax out an announcement and let all the 
dealers know about it and to contact their distributor to start ordering.

MC